Educators Perspectives on the Value of Physical Education, Physical Activity and Fundamental Movement Skills for Early Years Foundation Stage Children in England.
AffiliationUniversity of Derby
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThere is a lack of information available for physical education (PE) provision in the early years foundation stage (EYFS), prompting concern about what is currently delivered in schools and the values behind the approaches taken. Using semi-structured interviews, this study investigated educators’ perspectives on the value of PE and physical activity (PA) for EYFS children across England in relation to opportunities for, barriers to, and benefits of PA and PE. This study collected important stakeholder views and can help shape the impact and implementation of fundamental movement skills (FMS) and PA interventions at the EYFS.
CitationDobell, A., Pringle, A., Faghy, M.A. and Roscoe, C.M., (2021). 'Educators Perspectives on the Value of Physical Education, Physical Activity and Fundamental Movement Skills for Early Years Foundation Stage Children in England'. Children, 8(5), pp. 1-15.
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International
- Comparison between the Healthy Start-Départ Santé online and in-person training of childcare educators to improve healthy eating and physical activity practices and knowledge of physical activity and fundamental movement skills: A controlled trial.
- Authors: Ward S, Bélanger M, Leis A
- Issue date: 2020 Dec
- Characteristics of Teacher Training in School-Based Physical Education Interventions to Improve Fundamental Movement Skills and/or Physical Activity: A Systematic Review.
- Authors: Lander N, Eather N, Morgan PJ, Salmon J, Barnett LM
- Issue date: 2017 Jan
- Nature Play and Fundamental Movement Skills Training Programs Improve Childcare Educator Supportive Physical Activity Behavior.
- Authors: Bai P, Thornton A, Lester L, Schipperijn J, Trapp G, Boruff B, Ng M, Wenden E, Christian H
- Issue date: 2019 Dec 27
- 'It's an important part, but I am not quite sure that it is working': educators' perspectives on the implementation of goal-setting within the 'DAFNE' diabetes structured education programme.
- Authors: Fredrix M, Byrne M, Dinneen S, McSharry J
- Issue date: 2019 Jan
- Exploring the perspectives of 10-, 11-, and 12-year-old primary school students on physical activity engagement-"'Cause you can't just be sitting at a desk all the time!"
- Authors: Harvey J, Pearson ES, Sanzo P, Lennon AE
- Issue date: 2018 May