Metabolic syndrome among type 2 diabetic patients in Sub-Saharan African countries: A systematic review and meta-analysis.
AuthorsShiferaw, Wondimeneh Shibabaw
Akalu, Tadesse Yirga
Kassie, Ayelign Mengesha
Misganaw Kebede, Worku
Aynalem, Yared Asmare
AffiliationDebre Berhan University, Ethiopia
Bahir Dar University, Ethiopia
University of Leeds
Woldia University, Ethiopia
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPubMed, Web of Science, African Journals Online, Google Scholar, Scopus, and Wiley Online Library databases from inception to April 27, 2020 were searched to identify relevant studies. The I2 statistic was used to check heterogeneity across the included studies. DerSimonian and Laird random-effects model was applied to estimate pooled effect size, and 95% confidence interval across studies. A funnel plot and Egger's regression test were used to determine the presence of publication bias. Sensitivity analysis was deployed to determine the effect of a single study on the overall estimation. All statistical analyses were done using STATA™ Version 14 software.
CitationShiferaw, W.S., Akalu, T.Y., Gedefaw, M., Anthony, D., Kassie, A.M., Kebede, W.M., Mulugeta, H., Dessie, G. and Aynalem, Y.A., (2020). 'Metabolic syndrome among type 2 diabetic patients in Sub-Saharan African countries: a systematic review and meta-analysis'. Diabetes & Metabolic Syndrome: Clinical Research & Reviews, 14, pp. 1403-111.
JournalDiabetes & metabolic syndrome: Clinical Research & Reviews
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Copyright © 2020 Diabetes India. Published by Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Glycated hemoglobin A1C level and the risk of diabetic retinopathy in Africa: A systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Authors: Shiferaw WS, Akalu TY, Desta M, Kassie AM, Petrucka PM, Assefa HK, Aynalem YA
- Issue date: 2020 Nov-Dec
- Global prevalence of metabolic syndrome among patients with type I diabetes mellitus: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Authors: Belete R, Ataro Z, Abdu A, Sheleme M
- Issue date: 2021 Mar 2
- The Prevalence of Metabolic Syndrome in Ethiopian Population: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis.
- Authors: Ambachew S, Endalamaw A, Worede A, Tegegne Y, Melku M, Biadgo B
- Issue date: 2020
- Surgical site infection and its associated factors in Ethiopia: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Authors: Shiferaw WS, Aynalem YA, Akalu TY, Petrucka PM
- Issue date: 2020 May 18
- Prevalence and determinants of gestational diabetes mellitus in Africa based on the updated international diagnostic criteria: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Authors: Muche AA, Olayemi OO, Gete YK
- Issue date: 2019