AffiliationUniversity of Derby
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIn medical illustration we all know the role of specimen photography and as part of that the photography of culture plates for records, research and publication. However, there has been a trend towards a wider use of cultures in an artistic context whether part of public understanding of science or as a means of personal expression of identity. The sequence of culture plate photographs in this gallery are really of the ordinary rather than the extraordinary or artistic. The photography of cultures of different colours has even become an art form in its own right.
CitationBryson, D., (2021). 'The culture of culture plate photography'. Journal of visual communication in medicine, pp. 1-2.
PublisherTaylor and Francis
JournalJournal of visual communication in medicine
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
- Digital Photography as a Tool of Research and Documentation in Plant Tissue Culture.
- Authors: Gaba V, Tam Y, Shavit D, Steinitz B
- Issue date: 2018
- Let's go outside: using photography to explore values and culture in mental health nursing.
- Authors: Aranda K, de Goeas S, Davies S, Radcliffe M, Christoforou A
- Issue date: 2015 Jun
- Neural plate- and neural tube-forming potential of isolated epiblast areas in avian embryos.
- Authors: Schoenwolf GC, Everaert S, Bortier H, Vakaet L
- Issue date: 1989
- Parental grief and memento mori photography: narrative, meaning, culture, and context.
- Authors: Blood C, Cacciatore J
- Issue date: 2014 Jan-Jun
- Sequential dissection for exposure of the second metatarsophalangeal joint.
- Authors: Cooper MT, Coughlin MJ
- Issue date: 2011 Mar