Muscle-tendon unit parameter estimation of a Hill-type musculoskeletal model based on experimentally obtained subject-specific torque profiles.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe aim of this study was to generate a subject-specific musculoskeletal muscle model, based on isometric and isovelocity measurements of the whole lower extremity. A two-step optimisation procedure is presented for optimising the muscle-tendon parameters for isometric and isovelocity joint torque profiles. A significant improvement in the prediction of joint torque profiles for both the solely isometric and a combined isometric and dynamic method of optimization when compared to the standard scaling method of The AnyBody Modeling System was observed. Depending on the specific purpose of the model, it may be worth considering whether the isometric-only would be sufficient, or the additional dynamic data are required for the combined approach.
CitationHeinen, F., Sørensen, S.N., King, M., Lewis, M., Lund, M.E., Rasmussen, J., and de Zee, M. (2019) 'Muscle-tendon unit parameter estimation of a Hill-type musculoskeletal model based on experimentally obtained subject-specific torque profiles', Journal of Biomechanical Engineering, 141(6), p.061005. doi: 10.1115/1.4043356.
PublisherAmerican Society of Mechanical Engineers
JournalJournal of Biomechanical Engineering
- EMG-Driven Optimal Estimation of Subject-SPECIFIC Hill Model Muscle-Tendon Parameters of the Knee Joint Actuators.
- Authors: Falisse A, Van Rossom S, Jonkers I, De Groote F
- Issue date: 2017 Sep
- Effect of muscle model parameter scaling for isometric plantar flexion torque prediction.
- Authors: Menegaldo LL, de Oliveira LF
- Issue date: 2009 Nov 13
- Numerical validation of a subject-specific parameter identification approach of a quadriceps femoris EMG-driven model.
- Authors: Heine CB, Menegaldo LL
- Issue date: 2018 Mar
- Comparing different approaches for determining joint torque parameters from isovelocity dynamometer measurements.
- Authors: Forrester SE, Yeadon MR, King MA, Pain MT
- Issue date: 2011 Mar 15
- Force from cat soleus muscle during imposed locomotor-like movements: experimental data versus Hill-type model predictions.
- Authors: Sandercock TG, Heckman CJ
- Issue date: 1997 Mar