Effects of 4 multitargeted receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitors on regional hemodynamics in conscious, freely moving rats.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractVEGF inhibitors, including receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitors, are used as adjunct therapies in a number of cancer treatments. An emerging issue with these drugs is that most cause hypertension. To gain insight into the physiological mechanisms involved, we evaluated their regional hemodynamic effects in conscious rats. Male Sprague Dawley rats (350-450 g) were chronically implanted with pulsed Doppler flow probes (renal and mesenteric arteries, and the descending abdominal aorta) and catheters (jugular vein, peritoneal cavity, and distal abdominal aorta). Regional hemodynamics were measured over 4 d, before and after daily administration of cediranib (3 and 6 mg/kg, 3 and 6 mg/kg/h for 1 h, i.v.), sorafenib (10 and 20 mg/kg, 10 and 20 mg kg/h for 1 h, i.v.), pazopanib (30 and100 mg/kg, i.p.), or vandetanib (12.5 and 25 mg/kg, i.p.). All drugs evoked significant increases.
CitationWoolard, J., et al. (2016) 'Effects of 4 multitargeted receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitors on regional hemodynamics in conscious, freely moving rats'. The FASEB Journal, 31(3), pp.1193-1203. DOI: 10.1096/fj.201600749R
JournalThe FASEB Journal
- Regional haemodynamic effects of cyclosporine A, tacrolimus and sirolimus in conscious rats.
- Authors: Gardiner SM, March JE, Kemp PA, Fallgren B, Bennett T
- Issue date: 2004 Feb
- Regional haemodynamic effects of carbachol injected into the hypothalamic paraventricular nuclei of conscious, unrestrained rats.
- Authors: Bachelard H, Gardiner SM, Kemp PA, Bennett T
- Issue date: 1994 Jun
- Regional heterogeneity in the haemodynamic responses to urotensin II infusion in relation to UT receptor localisation.
- Authors: Gardiner SM, March JE, Kemp PA, Maguire JJ, Kuc RE, Davenport AP, Bennett T
- Issue date: 2006 Mar
- Regional hemodynamic effects of the beta-adrenoceptor blockers tertatolol and propranolol in conscious spontaneously hypertensive rats.
- Authors: Nievelstein HM, Tijssen CM, Smits JF, Struyker-Boudier HA
- Issue date: 1986 Jul
- Influence of aminoguanidine and the endothelin antagonist, SB 209670, on the regional haemodynamic effects of endotoxaemia in conscious rats.
- Authors: Gardiner SM, Kemp PA, March JE, Bennett T
- Issue date: 1996 Aug