Successful up-scaled population interventions to reduce risk factors for non-communicable disease in adults: results from the International Community Interventions for Health (CIH) Project in China, India and Mexico.
AuthorsDyson, Pamela A
Stevens, Denise E
Ramírez Hernández, Jorge
Thankappan, K R
Matthews, David R
AffiliationUniversity of Oxford
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractNon-communicable disease (NCD) is increasing rapidly in low and middle-income countries (LMIC), and is associated with tobacco use, unhealthy diet and physical inactivity. There is little evidence for up-scaled interventions at the population level to reduce risk in LMIC.
CitationDyson, P.A. et al. (2015) 'Successful up-scaled population interventions to reduce risk factors for non-communicable disease in adults: results from the International Community Interventions for Health (CIH) Project in China, India and Mexico', PloS ONE, 10(4), p.e0120941. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0120941
The following license files are associated with this item:
- Creative Commons
- Reducing Health Risk Factors in Workplaces of Low and Middle-Income Countries.
- Authors: Anthony D, Dyson PA, Lv J, Thankappan KR, Fernández MT, Matthews DR
- Issue date: 2015 Sep-Oct
- Common risk factors for chronic non-communicable diseases among older adults in China, Ghana, Mexico, India, Russia and South Africa: the study on global AGEing and adult health (SAGE) wave 1.
- Authors: Wu F, Guo Y, Chatterji S, Zheng Y, Naidoo N, Jiang Y, Biritwum R, Yawson A, Minicuci N, Salinas-Rodriguez A, Manrique-Espinoza B, Maximova T, Peltzer K, Phaswanamafuya N, Snodgrass JJ, Thiele E, Ng N, Kowal P
- Issue date: 2015 Feb 6
- Urban rural differences in diet, physical activity and obesity in India: are we witnessing the great Indian equalisation? Results from a cross-sectional STEPS survey.
- Authors: Tripathy JP, Thakur JS, Jeet G, Chawla S, Jain S, Prasad R
- Issue date: 2016 Aug 18
- High rates of child hypertension associated with obesity: a community survey in China, India and Mexico.
- Authors: Dyson PA, Anthony D, Fenton B, Matthews DR, Stevens DE, Community Interventions for Health Collaboration.
- Issue date: 2014 Feb
- Distribution and patterning of non-communicable disease risk factors in indigenous Mbororo and non-autochthonous populations in Cameroon: cross sectional study.
- Authors: Kufe NC, Ngufor G, Mbeh G, Mbanya JC
- Issue date: 2016 Nov 24