Ventilatory muscle strength, diaphragm thickness and pulmonary function in world-class powerlifters.
AffiliationUniversity of Derby
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractResistance training activates the ventilatory muscles providing a stimulus similar to ventilatory muscle training. We examined the effects of elite powerlifting training upon ventilatory muscle strength, pulmonary function and diaphragm thickness in world-class powerlifters (POWER) and a control group (CON) with no history of endurance or resistance training, matched for age, height and body mass.
CitationBrown, P. I. et al (2013) 'Ventilatory muscle strength, diaphragm thickness and pulmonary function in world-class powerlifters', European Journal of Applied Physiology, 113 (11):2849-55
JournalEuropean Journal of Applied Physiology
- Determinants of inspiratory muscle strength in healthy humans.
- Authors: Brown PI, Johnson MA, Sharpe GR
- Issue date: 2014 Jun 1
- Diaphragmatic Ultrasound Correlates with Inspiratory Muscle Strength and Pulmonary Function in Healthy Subjects.
- Authors: Cardenas LZ, Santana PV, Caruso P, Ribeiro de Carvalho CR, Pereira de Albuquerque AL
- Issue date: 2018 Apr
- Resting cardiopulmonary function in Paralympic athletes with cervical spinal cord injury.
- Authors: West CR, Campbell IG, Shave RE, Romer LM
- Issue date: 2012 Feb
- Inspiratory muscle strength, diaphragmatic mobility, and body composition in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
- Authors: Souza RMP, Cardim AB, Maia TO, Rocha LG, Bezerra SD, Marinho PÉM
- Issue date: 2019 Apr
- Effect of inspiratory resistive training on diaphragm shear modulus and accessory inspiratory muscle activation.
- Authors: Ando R, Ohya T, Kusanagi K, Koizumi J, Ohnuma H, Katayama K, Suzuki Y
- Issue date: 2020 Aug