AffiliationUniversity of Derby
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWhile many people find starting a new job stressful, the transition from student to newly qualified nurse comes with additional pressures, as being unprepared could harm patients.
CitationWhitehead, B, & Holmes, D 2011, 'Are newly qualified nurses prepared for practice?', Nursing Times, 107, 19-20, pp. 20-23 4p
Series/Report no.Vol. 107
- Still fumbling along? A comparative study of the newly qualified nurse's perception of the transition from student to qualified nurse.
- Authors: Gerrish K
- Issue date: 2000 Aug
- A critical analysis of the literature and theoretical perspectives on theory-practice gap amongst newly qualified nurses within the United Kingdom.
- Authors: Monaghan T
- Issue date: 2015 Aug
- Putting knowledge to work in clinical practice: Understanding experiences of preceptorship as outcomes of interconnected domains of learning.
- Authors: Allan HT, Magnusson C, Evans K, Horton K, Curtis K, Ball E, Johnson M
- Issue date: 2018 Jan
- The lived experiences of newly qualified nurses on clinical placement during the first six months following registration in the Republic of Ireland.
- Authors: O'Shea M, Kelly B
- Issue date: 2007 Aug
- The lived experiences of newly qualified children's nurses.
- Authors: Hollywood E
- Issue date: 2011 Jun 10-23