The Eag potassium channel as a new prognostic marker in ovarian cancer.
Schalkwyk, Gerhard V.
Sowter, Heidi M.
AffiliationRoyal Derby Hospital, School of Graduate Entry Medicine and Health, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
University of Derby
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractOvarian cancer is the second most common cancer of the female genital tract in the United Kingdom (UK), accounting for 6% of female deaths due to cancer. This cancer is associated with poor survival and there is a need for new treatments in addition to existing chemotherapy to improve survival. Potassium (K+) channels have been shown to be overexpressed in various cancers where they appear to play a role in cell proliferation and progression.
CitationThe Eag potassium channel as a new prognostic marker in ovarian cancer. 2010, 5:78 Diagn Pathol
The following license files are associated with this item:
- The role of Eag and HERG channels in cell proliferation and apoptotic cell death in SK-OV-3 ovarian cancer cell line.
- Authors: Asher V, Warren A, Shaw R, Sowter H, Bali A, Khan R
- Issue date: 2011 Mar 10
- Eag and HERG potassium channels as novel therapeutic targets in cancer.
- Authors: Asher V, Sowter H, Shaw R, Bali A, Khan R
- Issue date: 2010 Dec 29
- Epigenome-wide ovarian cancer analysis identifies a methylation profile differentiating clear-cell histology with epigenetic silencing of the HERG K+ channel.
- Authors: Cicek MS, Koestler DC, Fridley BL, Kalli KR, Armasu SM, Larson MC, Wang C, Winham SJ, Vierkant RA, Rider DN, Block MS, Klotzle B, Konecny G, Winterhoff BJ, Hamidi H, Shridhar V, Fan JB, Visscher DW, Olson JE, Hartmann LC, Bibikova M, Chien J, Cunningham JM, Goode EL
- Issue date: 2013 Aug 1
- Expression and prognostic significance of the oncogenic K2P potassium channel KCNK9 (TASK-3) in ovarian carcinoma.
- Authors: Innamaa A, Jackson L, Asher V, Van Shalkwyk G, Warren A, Hay D, Bali A, Sowter H, Khan R
- Issue date: 2013 Apr
- Differential expression of potassium ion channels in human renal cell carcinoma.
- Authors: Wadhwa S, Wadhwa P, Dinda AK, Gupta NP
- Issue date: 2009