The role of Eag and HERG channels in cell proliferation and apoptotic cell death in SK-OV-3 ovarian cancer cell line.
AffiliationRoyal Derby Hospital, School of Graduate Entry Medicine and Health
University of Derby, Faculty of Education, Health and Science
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe voltage gated potassium (K+) channels Eag and HERG have been implicated in the pathogenesis of various cancers, through association with cell cycle changes and programmed cell death. The role of these channels in the onset and progression of ovarian cancer is unknown. An understanding of mechanism by which Eag and HERG channels affect cell proliferation in ovarian cancer cells is required and therefore we investigated their role in cell proliferation and their effect on the cell cycle and apoptosis of ovarian cancer cells.
CitationThe role of Eag and HERG channels in cell proliferation and apoptotic cell death in SK-OV-3 ovarian cancer cell line. 2011, 11:6 Cancer Cell Int.
JournalCancer cell international
The following license files are associated with this item:
- The Eag potassium channel as a new prognostic marker in ovarian cancer.
- Authors: Asher V, Khan R, Warren A, Shaw R, Schalkwyk GV, Bali A, Sowter HM
- Issue date: 2010 Dec 7
- [Effects of mifepristone on the proliferation, apoptosis, and cis-platinum (DDP) sensitivity of chemo-resistant human ovarian cancer cells].
- Authors: Wang G, Zheng WT, Xiao P, Li XJ, Lin TC, Li GY
- Issue date: 2004 Apr
- Pro-apoptotic effect and cytotoxicity of genistein and genistin in human ovarian cancer SK-OV-3 cells.
- Authors: Choi EJ, Kim T, Lee MS
- Issue date: 2007 Mar 20
- Voltage-gated K+ channels are associated with cell proliferation and cell cycle of ovarian cancer cell.
- Authors: Zhanping W, Xiaoyu P, Na C, Shenglan W, Bo W
- Issue date: 2007 Feb
- Selective expression of HERG and Kv2 channels influences proliferation of uterine cancer cells.
- Authors: Suzuki T, Takimoto K
- Issue date: 2004 Jul